Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Queen's Croquet Ground

When you were here before, couldn't look you in the eyes. We're both beheaded crescent smiles, curled and nervous like hedgehogs struck by the flamingo beak that she's wailing in our direction. The plan's the cards I deal. Take a heart, Ace, and we'll clash coquette. We might survive de spite planting a dying white tree in Wonderland.

You're in this for more than I am, Blind Ante. Wish it weren't a gambling wheel that had me rolling roulette (well fuck me Freddy. My ball of black karma's landing on a higher number each August).

There's something mad-hatter about the way I'm Overlooking this hedge mazethe Jack Torrence perspective. I'm frosty and crazed this time around but you're the one that's getting lost, Tommy.

And I'm juggling the Queen's executioner axe. I hate sharp edges and I hate these fucking card competitions.

Ha, hahahaha-ha.

* * * *

Hark: A potentate conquerer is streaking a blood path across the basement. We chameleons blend our calico stripes into the collection of bitter wallflowers. Jury and family divided, there's nothing Cheshire about watching the King of Hearts fold to a condemning Crown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i see you're still writing. my brain is too fried this morning to really read any of it. hit me up on msn, id hasn't changed, nwnvelinxs@Hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Blind
Out
On the middle of the river, I'm screaming too loud to hear the little cracks

Jet-stream suspended;
No feeling for up or down, and no feeling in my toes


And I don't think you'll tell me
when you've seen me sink.




I'm lost down here, it's two dimensional. No notion of forward or back. "Home", it, may as well be here under the ice. But I've been my own undoing since it all began.
From the outside, everything is always still. I can see your shadow somewhere but I don't know where.
And I didn't bring a watch.

Anonymous said...

And when history remembers, I was down here all this time. I'm sorry for everything I did, thinking it was otherwise.